Friday, July 30, 2010

The Sketchbook Project 2011


So for any artists out there who don't yet know about the Sketchbook Project, pop over to the Art House Co-op and check it out. You have till Oct. 31 2010 to order your sketchbook and it needs to be sent in by Jan. 15 2011.

Quoted from the site: "It's like a concert tour but with sketchbooks.
Thousands of sketchbooks will be exhibited at galleries and museums as they make their way on tour across the country."

I put in my order on July 23rd, was notified that it was sent on the 27th and today, the 30th, my package showed up in the mail!


The package contained a barcoded and themed (I chose nighttime stories. There's a whole list of them at the time I ordered mine) sketchbook with fresh cream coloured pages, a hardcopy of the info for the Sketchbook Project and a participating artist's library card for the Brooklyn Art Library. The library card's front, has a clip of the Sketchbook Project banner and is marked with 2011 Participating Artist.

Ok! Now, to make stuff!

And for anyone on Deviant Art, I will also be posting my documentation of the project to my account there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment